Detergent Chlorine Tablets – 1.67g NaDCC plus low foam detergent
These Detergent Chlorine Tablet products are referred to under different names but they are all the same active ingredient known as sodium dichloroisocyanurate (Trolosene sodium, NaDCC) and often referred to as:
- Detergent Chlorine, Detergent Chlorination, Detergent Sanitiser or Detergent Bleach Tablets
- Chlor-Clean & Actichlor Plus (are typical branded examples)
In Hospitals, to make a one-stage sanitising solution, dilute 1 tablets in 1 Litre of water (1,000 ppm) for “Disinfection of the Environment” – 5 minute contact time.
For Sporicidal – C.difficile Sanitising, allow 10 Minutes contact time.
Maclin Produce under Branded & Own Label for Distributors all over the World
Used for a variety of disinfection tasks in Hospital, Food Production & Catering, Care, Nursing, Medical and many more applications.
- Easy to calculate precise dosing requirement and excellent for due diligence applications:
1 tablet in 1 Litre = 1,000 parts per million available chlorine
1 tablet in 5 Litres = 200 parts per million available chlorine
- Low Foaming Detergent – improve cleaning performance without impairing disinfection
- Fast Dissolving – tablets are effervescent. TOP TIP: Dissolve in warm water to speed up dissolution time and improve cleaning ability
- 200 per tamper evident tub, packed 6 per case.
- 18mm diameter allows tablet to fit into a standard trigger spray
- Long shelf life, Compact & Easy to Store
USES AND EFFECTIVENESS – 3.35g Detergent Chlorine Tablets (1.67g NaDCC, 1,000 ppm/L)
Typical Uses in Private & Public Health areas:
- Floor & Tile Mopping in Hospitals
- Non metallic medical and veterinary appliances
- Cloths and Glassware
- General disinfection
- Body fluid spills
- Drains, Sinks, W.C’s
- Laboratory Discard jars
- Conditions of heavy soiling
- Veterinary hygiene
- General hygiene
- Food preparation areas; non metallic equipment, containers, consumption utensils, work surfaces, stainless steel (catering grade)
Guidelines for the use of Detergent Chlorine Tablets for mops & cloths:
After cleaning mops or cloths, dissolve 1 tablet in 10 Litres of warm (not hot) water to produce 1,00 ppm of sanitising solution.
Immerse the cloth or mop in the solution for at least 30 minutes. Do not soak overnight.
Guidelines for the use of 3.35g ECT for food preparation surfaces & food processing equipment:
Remove loose debris with a clean, loosely-folded cloth.
Wash with a hot neutral detergent solution and cloth. An abrasive nylon pad may also be useful.
Rinse with hot water and a clean cloth.
Drop one 3.35g DCT into the recommended amount of water, preferably hot/warm (40°C) to provide 200 ppm of available chlorine. (Warm water assists the process of disinfection and also speeds up the tablet dissolution time.)
Thoroughly wet the cleaned surface with the disinfecting solution by the most suitable means, e.g. trigger spray or disposable cloth.
Leave wet for a minimum of 3 minutes. (Providing the surface is thoroughly clean this is sufficient contact time for positive disinfection.)
Rinse off with fresh, clean water.
Allow to air-dry or use disposable paper towel.
IN THE CASE OF DANGEROUS OR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (E.G. SLICING MACHINES), PRELIMINARY SAFETY PROCEDURES AND FINAL SAFETY CHECKS WILL BE REQUIRED, SEVERAL TYPES OF EQUIPMENT WILL NEED PARTIAL OR COMPLETE DISMANTLING TO ENSURE EFFECTIVE CLEANING AND DISINFECTION.
WARNING: TO BE EFFECTIVE, DISINFECTANT SOLUTIONS MUST BE MADE UP FRESH EACH DAY AND BE OF CORRECT CONCENTRATION.
Instructions for the use of Tablets in NHS & Hospitals:
|3.35g (1.67g NaDCC) Effervescent Chlorine Tablets–Typical Hospital Usage|
|1 Tablet in:||Gives Available Chlorine of:||Task:||Method:|
|100 ml||10,000 ppm||Body Fluid Spills||3 Minutes minimum contact time|
|400 ml||2,500 ppm||Laboratory Discard Jars||Soak Overnight|
|1 Litres||1,000 ppm||General Hospital Environmental Disinfection||5 Min Contact Time|
|2.5 Litres||400 ppm||Drains, W.C’s, Sinks etc||Pour in at quiet times|
|5 Litres||200 ppm||General Cleaning (Low/Med Risk Areas)||Allow to air dry or leave 3 minutes & use paper disposable towels|
|10 Litres||100 ppm||Cloths Mops etc||30 Minutes. Do not leave overnight|
- Ebola – use 20,000 parts per million – 2 Tablets in 100ml or 20 tablets in 1 Litre solution.
- Hospital Sporicidal Cleaning – C.difficile – 1,000 ppm for 10 Minutes
NOTE: All of the above information is offered without any implied warranty or indemnity. The user should satisfy themselves that the product is being used in accordance with local guidelines and instructions. END.