25 Kg Ice Melt XM® Sacks from £840/tonne – “click here” to see our E Commerce Bulk Pricing Website
25Kg Bulk Sacks Save Money. To meet Network Rail Manual Handling Guidelines, opt for the 10Kg Sack Packed 100 per Pallet (1 Tonne)
Ice Melt XM® is a Salt Free Non-Corrosive product designed to do 2 things:
1. Laid before a frost, it will prevent ice forming
2. Where Ice has already formed, Ice Melt XM will melt through existing ice to release the surface tension which make clearing far easier.
faster safer greener
|De-Ices on Contact|
|100% Active Ice Melt – no filler|
|Long Lasting – retains ability to for up to 36 hours|
|Dual Action – works to -15oc, acts from top down & bottom up|
|Salt Free – Non-Corrosive to concrete, metals, floors etc., does not leave track marks like Salt.|
|Up to 10x more effective than Rock salt|
|Biodegradable, Non Toxic – safe for children, animals & plants|
Appearance: white round granules (like very small beads)
Storage: Keep dry. Shelf life if stored correctly – up to 5 years
|Technical:||Salt||Ice Melt XM|
|Lowest working temperature:||-8oC||-15oC|
|Lasts:||After a thaw –
|Up to 36 Hours – Retains its de-icing ability|
|Coverage:||Salt Tends to be used liberally||Thick ice – 200-5002m per 10Kg
Thin ice – 500-1,0002m per 10Kg
|Application:||Generally hand applied||Can be spreader applied|
Why not use Salt when its cheaper?
Salt is highly corrosive & in the immediate short term will leave track marks on carpets etc and damage clothing, shoes (leave indelible white lines on leather)
Mid term, salt will start to corrode concrete and should not be used on REBAR concrete for at least 1 year. Salt will also kill plant life, corrode all metals (but especially aluminium types used for entrance doorways) & start to affect carpets. Salt is particularly scratchy and will mark hard floors such as wood, marble etc. Long term, floorings will need to be replaced, they will also smell. Staff & customers will have to walk through the diluted salt solution in the form of slush with the resulting damage highlighted about. Cars will have to run over the salted areas.
HOW TO GET THE BEST OUT OF ICE MELT XM
Follow these simple steps to reduce consumption and get the best from the Professional Ice Melt XM:
WHEN ICE HAS FORMED ALREADY:-
1. Clear any excess loose snow as this simply dilutes the product and makes it ineffective.
2. When you have exposed the residual ice, scatter the prills evenly over the surface. Dilution rates are difficult to recommend as it depends on the ice thickness. At about 2.5mm of ice, use about 1kg per 20-50 sq metres.
3. Works instantly and keeps working for 2-3 hours. Excess ice can be readily moved with a spade or shovel without any undue pressure. If not, re-apply or leave a couple of hours longer.
4. Do not then rinse the surface as any residual Ice Melt XM will cling to the surface and help prevent re-icing.
WHEN ICE IS EXPECTED:-
1. Sprinkle the Ice Melt at a rate of approx 1kg per 20-50 sq m onto a dry surface ensuring that no rain or wet snow is falling. Do not use in very windy conditions as product may blow away.
2. When temperatures drop below freezing, Ice Melt XM is activated and will prevent freezing for up to 36 hours depending on conditions.
3. Any ice that may form can be readily removed
- Do not use on deep snow as product will be wasted. Clear excess snow first
- Do not use in windy conditions as Ice Melt will blow away.
Non hazardous but we suggest wear gloves in case of skin sensitivity and goggles if a little windy.